Monday, February 20, 2012

She's In Kings' Palaces

This weekend, Elder E.W. Hooven from North Carolina filled a series of appointments in our area.  Friday night he used Proverbs 30 : 24-28 as his text.

     "There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the winter; The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks; The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands; The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces." ( KJV)

One point he made about the spider is how she is continually working with her hands to make her palace.  A spider doesn't make a web and expect it to never suffer damage.  In fact, she expects it to be damaged if it is to fulfill its purpose.  When the web is damaged, she doesn't bewail her circumstances, blame the one causing the damage, or expect someone else to come in and make everything right.  She just takes hold with her hands, and rebuilds her palace.

As a stay-at-home momma, I can learn a lot from this spider. I have cleaned  rooms to have them totally demolished by bedtime.  Laundry is finished just in time for more laundry to be done.  Lessons in behavior I thought I had taught my children must be taught again.  Dishes are done in time to cook and eat supper.   Appliances break, cars need repairs, appointments and correspondence pile up.  Basically, my palace stands in need of constant repair. I hope I can be like the spider, and put my hand willingly to the task without bitterness or complaint.  I hope I can build my home to function as it should, recognizing that if I am successful,  I will need to rebuild constantly.  But isn't it worth it to live in a palace?  I think so.

1 comment: