Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy I Homeschool

There are many benefits to homeschooling, but the one I enjoy the most is the flexible schedule.  This week, the public schools in our area were off for President's Day on Monday.  I will often take holidays the same time our public school does so that my children can spend some time with their friends who attend there.  But this week, we wanted to go to a church meeting in Mississippi, so we had school on President's day.  And we did school in the car on the way to Mississippi.  But we did not do school on Friday.  Instead we went to a wonderful church meeting where I was able to see a dear sister in Christ I have not seen for years.  This sister is in her 70's and she means the world to me.  She lives in Alabama, so I did not expect to see her in Mississippi.  But she was there when I walked in the building, and when we saw each other, we hugged and hugged and laughed and hugged.  What a blessing that I was able to go to that meeting, having accomplished a full week of school, all because I can move holidays when I need to, and can take school with us in the car.  Yes, I am very happy to be a homeschool momma!

1 comment: