Thursday, February 16, 2012

Daily Focus

I am too scattered.  My thought processes resemble a squirrel trying to cross a street.  "I'll go this way, wait, no, I'll go this way, or maybe over here, or over here, or SPLAT!"  You get the idea.  I have so many things I am trying to do, I have trouble focusing on one.  By not focusing, I spin around in circles, taking a lot of time to accomplish very little.

To try to tackle this problem, I am going to assign a day to accomplishing certain types of tasks.  I will do my PM's, and school, but the rest of my time will be focused on these assigned categories.

Sunday- Planning my week
Monday&Saturday-Cleaning (more than my daily pm schedule)
Tuesday-Organizing
Wednesday-Office Work
Thursday-Errands
Friday-Projects

I think these categories are mostly self explanatory.  Office Work will include grading papers, lesson plans, paying bills, and correspondence. Projects will include building, sewing, planting, painting, etc.  I think this will help focus me.....we will see.  For now, I had better defrump and head out to do some errands.  Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. I think I'll try the plan with you. Sounds like you pretty much summed up my extras too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished running today's errands. Knowing that today was errand day made me feel virtuous while running around town, instead of rushed. I have several more things to accomplish today; we are serving supper tonight at church; but I feel at ease knowing I have accomplished today's mission. I can now focus on church preparations completely. Ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dry erase board with days of the week on it. I just wrote each day's general mission on it (if this works I'll redo it in permanent marker). Now I can fill in the specific project, cleaning job, etc., if applicable, on each day in dry erase so I can change it each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! It would help the days be organized, especially office and errand day. As things come up during the week you could just write them down on their appropriate day. Errand day would be mostly planned already, and taking care of strange office work would be easily remembered. Great plan AIMA!!

      Delete