And then there are the "secret sins." The parts of our lives most people don't see like the fridge that gets in bad shape almost overnight, the closets where clothes seemingly cower on the floor, and I really think goblins break into my vehicle at night wreaking havoc!!
These are the areas I need to regularly maintain. I don't want these pm's to take all day, and I don't think it is entirely up to me to get them all done. This is what I am going to try.
- A daily load of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away (with help on this last step)
- Load the dishwasher throughout the day, running when it is full and at night even if it is not full
- 10 minute pick ups in the school room, kitchen, and my room and bathroom
- 10 minute cleansing of my secret sin
For my children
- Unload the dishwasher every morning
- 10 minute pick ups in their bathrooms
- Make beds
- Pick up rooms before bath time
For my spousal unit
- Burn the trash daily
What do you think? Have I forgotten something? What do you do at your house? I think it will take about an hour (more or less) to complete all of these items. More as I train the crew, but hopefully less as we get more proficient. So here we go! Wish me luck, I have a staff meeting in a few minutes where I will lay out the new plan. I'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks.