Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Say Yes!

Yesterday, my uncle by marriage, who is in his eighties, spent the day fishing with his grandon and great-grandsons.  He picked blackberries, and caught fish and had a blast.  My husband commented the this particular uncle has always known how to have a good time.  Uncle worked hard, had a definite ability to discipline, but a good time was expected whenever he was involved in activities.  And I realized that the wisdom of this uncle is that he says yes.

To often when asked to do something with my children I respond with, not now, maybe later, sometime soon.  And then sometime soon is never, or later ends up being weeks down the road.  I don't intend to put activities off that long.  I just allow life to get in the way.  I don't want to be that person.  That person will regret the missed opportunities to enjoy her children.  So today, I learned from that sweet uncle and I said yes.

I have wanted to do this activity with my children for years and have never said yes.  I did this when I was young, and it was a blast.  I squirted cheap shaving cream on the table and turned them loose!  Here are the results:








They had a blast.  I had a blast.  and it only took about 10 minutes to clean everyone and everything up!  I need to say yes more often.  It is good for my children and my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment