Saturday, April 21, 2012

I'm Still Here

I haven't fallen of the face of the Earth.  I haven't even been close to the edge.  I have just been busy.  Not the maniacally-go-as-fast-as-you-can-as-long-as-you-can kind of busy.  Just the steadily-moving-forward-but-having-fun kind of busy.  Since I last posted I have tilled and planted the vegetable garden, planted and mulched a flower bed, mulched our blueberry bushes and mowed two HUGE yards a few times.  We have had good school weeks and the count down has begun...only four weeks to go.  We spent a night singing over at Uncle Logan's and Aunt Roberta's house.  I spent a day down with a migrane, made it though another night shift, and bought a new printer.

Our biggest news is that we now have a 10 year old in the house.  Ten years ago yesterday, I was blessed to hold my baby girl - a blessing I had decided would never be mine.  She has been a joy to raise.  I love teaching her and learning from her.  I love watching her independence develop, and I love when she needs me.  I delight in watching her care for her little brother.  Mostly, I love being with her.  Our time with her in our home is probably halfway spent, but I am not overly saddened by that thought.  I like who she is as a girl, I am excited to see who she will become as a young lady, and I look forward to the day I can count her as my friend.  Happy Birthday, doodle bug.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment