Monday, June 17, 2013

What I Want

There is a couple that I know who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this week.  They have raised six children, and by the grace of God, all of them are members of the church and productive citizens.  She is a wonderful, loving friend and mother .  He has spent more than 30 years as a minister of the gospel, wearing himself out in the Lord's service while maintaining a significant role in his family as leader and father.  What I love about this couple is how in love they still are after all of that living.  So many couples get wrapped up in raising children, that when the children leave they barely know each other.  So many couples get wrapped up in the business of life that they forget how to connect with their spouse.  But this couple have done it right.  When I celebrate my 40th year of marriage, I want to be that in love with my husband.  I really do.  I must get these friends to tell me all of their secrets.  They have this marriage thing figured out.  Maybe I can learn from their wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment